(This recipe is 1 batch divided in half to make swiss bagels and pumpkin bagels)
[show_more more=”Read More” less=”Show Less” color=”#3e8b85″ align=”center”]
2 cups almond flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 eggs; 1 for brushing on bagels, 2 for dough
3 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded swiss cheese (or your favorite cheese)
5 Tbsp cream cheese
1 Tsp salt
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
½ cup Swerve
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray
- In medium glass bowl that’s safe for the microwave, combine mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 90 seconds, mix, and return to microwave for an additional 60 seconds. Mix again.
- In a large bowl, add combined mozzarella and cream cheese mixture. Add 2 eggs to the bowl and begin the mixer if you are using one. Then add almond flour, baking powder, and salt. Continue mixing until well combined. Once combined, divide dough in half and remove one half from large bowl.
- In the remaining dough, add pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, and Swerve and mix until well combined.
- From each half of the dough, divide into 5 separate dough balls and form bagels by pushing finger through the middle of dough ball or rolling dough into long roll and connecting ends. Place pumpkin spice bagels onto one cookie sheet and the regular bagels on the second cookie sheet.
- Place one egg into small bowl and whisk, brush each bagel with egg wash.
- For the pumpkin spice bagels, bake for 12-14 minutes, or until done.
- For the regular bagels, bake for 12 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle on shredded swiss (or your choice) and return to oven for 3-4 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Let cool completely and store in refrigerator to keep from molding too quickly (or freeze for later)
Nutrition per bagel:
Pumpkin: Calories 297 Fat 23 Net Carb 6 Protein 16.5
Swiss: Calories 306 Fat 25 Net Carb 4 Protein 18.5